Just incase you're wondering the food here is actually ok, I haven't (yet) died from one of the long list of diseases the practice nurse warned me about, nor (touch wood) succombed to the dreaded Delhi belly. Travel and moreover eating are not for the fainthearted here. Having said that, the Director regularly sprinkles some black spice over my food to ward off high blood pressure, never mind that the amount of milk, eggs and fried potatoes she gives me has tripled my cholesterol count in a week!.......and yes the milk is boiled and no I haven't asked from which animal it comes!
A short walk past any of the meat "shops" would pursued even the most ardent meat eater that vegetarianism is possibly the way forward, if only to avoid Delhi belly! Sainsbury's it is not!
Then we come to Dahl Batt................
Possibly the bane of my life here, the last thing my mother said to me as I'm loading Diocalm into my basket in ASDA was to point at the senna and say "I doubt you'll be needing those hahahaha"
Yeah you try eating a mount Everest size portion of boiled rice and lentil three times a day and see what that does to your insides!
Not sure which is worse Delhi belly or Kathmandu constipation!
Still atleast I am not starving....................
If the cholesterol doesn't give me a heart attack then the diabetes inducing amount of sugar I am being forced to take in will.
So if I make it out alive I will no longer be a *cough* svelte size 12, I will be an obese toothless diabetic with a cholesterol problem
So anyway in a bid to escape being force fed Dahl Batt we decided to go to a restaurant.............
1) never trust an Australian to choose an eating establishment, have you seen bush tucker trials?
2) never eat somewhere it takes two of you to brave the toilet facilities
3) never eat somewhere you cant see what you're eating
4) never eat somewhere that takes 2hours to make 6 plates of food
5) never eat in empty restaurants
6) never eat somewhere you have to drink from the bottle because the glasses are so dubious
7) never eat somewhere that considers the entertainment to be a tap dancing cockroach on your table
8) be grateful the "entertainment" was provided AFTER the meal had been consumed
9) console yourself that your spring rolls were very hot and in Asia it's common to eat insects anyway!
Atleast one of the other volunteers is a trainee Dr...............
No comments:
Post a Comment